I totally understand how beneficial it is to select and work out some form of exercise at least 3 days a week.Hmm...with so much gyan all around about fitness I have come to the conclusion of at least 3 days, but I have been a failure in really sticking to the work out thing.Every time I start with a bang and the bubble bursts in a few days and then I am back to late night readings, bindass eating and all the wrong things against fitness. I always plan my day,my eating routine,watch my sleep timings,put off everything for the next day if case be,load my fridge with the right food,plan the menu etc ..etc.. all these just to make sure that I fall in line with the upcoming session of my exercise plan.So far everything seems to be working out.Then come the big day,I start off with my newly acquired enthusiasm, to the place of activity.I somehow manage to do a few workouts(arrey,pehla din hai ) ,the trainer with a very unpleasant face looks at me and explains how I need to shed off those extra calories,then she again says how the film-stars work out day in and out just to make that picture perfect bodies they have,she then very assuringly lends me hope saying that it is not a big deal for me if I follow everything she says to the T.Good.Good.Hopes raise in full gear.huh..Some competition for Kareena.My Savior then goes ahead to plan the diet menu for me.No fries,no sweets,no oil,cut down salt intake,cut down rice in the evenings,eat the dinner before 7pm and the list goes on and on.My head already starts swinging.OMG.Poor me.Is it because of the over exertion,or my messiah's menu plan.Oh well,well,this is just the first day.I make believe myself that I will get used to this, once I get habituated to the system.After all it takes at least 21 days for any habit to be imbibed into our lifestyle forever.So I console myself saying that 'intezar ka phal mitha hota hai'.Again Mitha,why do I feel like eating mitha so much??When was the last time I had Dairy Milk fruit and nuts? Well,whatever.End of first day of training session.I come back home, with an air of achievement.Tell my hubby thousand things on the cholesterol lining up the arteries and how it can be melted away, like ghee on tawa, just by joining me in this war for health.I realise he doesn't pay much attention to my words( so common with men,I suppose).Then through the day my body starts aching and I have this feel good hormone which says "Yay its working,atleast some cholesterol is melting" and with all the body pains I keep informing everyone that I am on a diet and an exercise regimen which I have just started.I also see some obese people, jealously praying for some god intervention in my regimen.But aah,god listens to me more than anyone else,so I religiously follow to my workout session on the second day too.As a matter of fact right from childhood we have been taught that no break should be allowed on the second day of an activity.So on successful completion of my second day workout,I am convinced that miracles will follow and I am just a couple of months away from that well deserving fab bod which girls often dream about.
Then after a few days of working out,I somehow miss the boat of regularity.May be it is because of the roller coaster ride from dawn until dusk or the stresses of parenting or all the multi-tasking which zaps my energy levels to zero. It seems that too many unexpected obstacles come in the way and my workout dream melts,just like ghee,you see.
So that's how the bubble bursts you know,but like a committed health freak, I join again in yet another Yoga center (may be the previous one was not too auspicious for me) and continue the saga of chasing good health(more than good shape,by all means).May be this time I will be a little more selfish and give my personal,physical and mental health a bit more of a priority.
Just wish me luck guys: ).
No comments:
Post a Comment